Thursday, December 4, 2008

the worst of the worst

Alright, in the interest of fairness, I am now going to post a list of some of the things I am not such a fan of.
I will admit, however, that I was really rather proud to find it more difficult to write this list than th
e gratitude list. That's positive, isn't it?
Nevertheless, here are the things that make me wrinkle up my nose in disgust:
  1. ironing
  2. highlighters (I know, they're convenient and helpful and bright and even sort of fun, but, I'm sorry, I just don't like them. At all.)
  3. homework or studying
  4. noses. Actually, I don't mind noses themselves, I think noses look sort of strange and function weirdly, but mainly I hate that noses always seem to be cold or runny or too dry or stuffed or upset at smells. Noses are the great complainers of the face, and I do not like them.
  5. scorpions. I don't like spiders either, and I really do hate cockroaches with every fiber of my being, but scorpions just get to me. I had a horrible encounter with a scorpion once and every since I just can't get over the irrational fear that there may be a scorpion hiding in my shoes. In my closet. Even in the middle of December when it's snowing outside. I know, it's irrational.
  6. insomnia. So frustrating.
  7. bad dreams. The only thing as bad as insomnia is finally getting to sleep...and then feeling desperate to wake up. I always have nightmares when I'm sick.
  8. crowds
    This is just a random photo off the internet to illustrate the point, but aren't the hostile looks such a bonus to the whole feeling of the picture??





  9. static. Sure it can be fun to see the balloon make your friend's hair stand straight up in middle school science class, but when my hair and clothes and EVERYTHING is all static-y and wild, oh it drives me insane.

    and finally, though not the worst,

  10. having to go shopping. I'm stubborn in general, so I hate anything I have to do, but needing something immediately and being forced by circumstances to go and buy something makes me angry. I like to window-shop. I like to see the best deals I can get on things. But you can never find good deals when you must get it. The deals are only there when you aren't looking for them. Seriously. It's science. (maybe not, but...)
What things make you sad or annoyed?


nosedigg.com
danielbowen.com


No comments: